1. No Prime Time: He’s always busy on Friday and Saturday nights.
2. Nothing in Common: He’s a sports enthusiast, you live for the ballet, and there’s no middle ground.
3. Family Matters: He always has major family obligations or faces significant issues in his family, such as interpersonal strife, mental illness, disease, a disability, or a disorder.
4. Religious Differences: Can you face the possibility of compromising or converting? Can you agree on how to raise children, if desired?
5. Politics: You fundamentally disagree on candidates and ideology.
6. Obsessions: He’s a workaholic, an incessant trainer, and a fanatical enthusiast, and these obsessions take up all his time and mental energy.
7. Bad Habits: He is a slave to cigarettes, drinks excessively, smokes pot regularly, or abuses harder street drugs or prescription medication.
8. History of Bad Habits: A man “in recovery” could relapse.
9. Loner: He has no close friends from home, work, college, high school, team sports, or even the bar scene.
10. Jealousy: If he doesn’t trust you, particularly around other men, it often means that he doesn’t trust himself.
11. Rudeness: He’s impolite to strangers, co-workers, friends, family, or people in the service industry.
12. Poor Hygiene: He has bad breath, body odor, or other forms of poor hygiene.
13. Poor Health: He doesn’t take care of himself and is often ill or tired.
14. Unemployed or Underemployed: He doesn’t work very often, very hard, or at all.
15. Idle Rich: He’s a trust fund baby who seems to have no responsibilities and lacks a value system.
16. Values: He has moral standards you can’t abide, such as his views on abortion or whether a woman should leave the workforce to raise children.
17. Lost: He doesn’t know his purpose or have any direction.
18. Boring: Your mind wanders when it’s his turn to speak.
19. Aesthetically Unpleasing: You find him physically unattractive.
20. Hothead: He has a short fuse and possibly a “chip on his shoulder.”